So much negativity on the Cleveland sports scene these days. The Cavs choked away a playoff series against the Detoit Pistons. We sat by the telephone longer than we should have waiting for Lebron to call us for an extended date, only to find out he's not sticking around for the maximum. Now we listen to conspiracy theories that put Lebron, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Superman, the inventor of the Internet, and the cast of Lost in New York for the 2010-11 season. The Indians folded like lawn chairs. And the Browns season ended before it began.
And that's only in the last couple months.
To all that we say RUBBISH! It's time to look on the right side of Cleveland sports. But danger! It's so bright over there you could BURN YOUR EYES OUT if you're not careful. So grab one of those pinhole cameras used for viewing a solar eclipse and check out all the great things going on in Cleveland right now:
* BE SECURE in your knowledge that the ground still cannot cause a fumble, only rare, franchise-devastating, fan-crushing patellar tendon ruptures!
* WATCH Ben Broussard hit three homers at Jacobs Field tonight -- for the Seattle Mariners!
* LISTEN to Tribe broadcaster Tom Hamilton try to pronounce names like Shin-Soo Choo and Maximiliano Ramirez.
* PREPARE for the Browns and Steelers to renew their rivalry, which no one with Time Warner (nee Adelphia) cable will be able to watch on Dec. 7 because the cable system is dropping the NFL Network!
* MARVEL at the ability of Indians GM Mark Shapiro and assistant GM Chris Antonetti make trade after trade without using the word "rebuilding"!
* GASP at the power of God as He demonstrates His hatred of Cleveland sports again and again and again ...